Today as I was pacing through my house trying to find something to occupy my time I found myself complaining in my head about how cold it was inside. Meanwhile I looked out the window and saw that it looked like a beautiful evening. I went outside and found the temperature was perfect so I sat myself down with my favorite book, turned on my favorite Pandora station, and enjoyed the next few hours in complete bliss. As I was reading I started thinking of how, with all the millions of things to do in life my list of favorite things ever doesn't include skydiving, paragliding, partying, traveling, or watching the Superbowl. Sure, I do enjoy doing some of those things and others are on my bucket list, but when it comes down to it my favorite things are those that are sweet and simple. These are a few of my favorite simple pleasures.
1. driving down the road with all the windows down and the radio blasting
2. reading a book/taking a nap/chatting on the trampoline on a perfect summer evening
3. swinging on a swings at a playground
4. drawing/doodling with sharpies
5. driving for no reason with your best friend
6. finding your favorite colors in a package of pens and finding any and every excuse to use them
7. running through the sprinklers
8. watching the clouds
10. watching home movies and looking at old photographs.
11. watching lightning
12. playing in the rain.