Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Senioritis

Senioritis: (seen-your-eye-tiss) a colloquial term used in the United States to describe the decreased motivation toward studies displayed by students who are nearing the end of their High School career.

Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors alike all claim to have had senioritis since the day they walked into high school. I was one of them, but I had no idea what real senioritis was until the senior year started. It is so much worse then I could possibly fathom.

Don't get me wrong, I still go to class, I still try to get good grades, but the nearer I get to the end the harder it becomes. The only thing that keeps me in class is the ridiculous attendance policy and the fear of what my parents would do to me if I ever skipped class and they found out. But soon it will all be over and I am always informed of how long it is until that day. I have a paper chain in my bedroom, a countdown on my computer and iPod, and I tell everyone I come in contact with how many days until graduation.

Don't get me wrong high school wasn't a terrible experience. I missed out on most (if not all) of the more tragic and scarring experiences that many teenagers go through (i.e. being thrown into a trash can/locker, having rumors started about me, etc.), but I am definitely ready to escape all the drama.

So, for all the Freshmen--Juniors, you think you have senioritis, you don't, but don't worry you will, and I won't in...

14 days, 17 hours, 44 minutes, and 6 seconds, 5 seconds, 4 seconds, 3 seconds... Kidding

No comments:

Post a Comment