Monday, May 31, 2010

Graduation part two-finished!

Timpview's graduation wasn't as painful as I thought it was going to be. My biggest worry going into graduation was that I didn't know the people who I was sitting by so it was going to be so boring because I wouldn't I didn't know the people I sat by but they were both super nice and that part turned out ok. I sat next to this girl named Bette Pauling and a boy named Jake Partridge and it was just fun making fun the Dr. Bayles and the overall ridiculousness (is that a word?) of graduation. Practice was two and a half hours long. 90%t of it was spent sitting in green folding chairs (which thankfully had cushions) waiting for things to get worked out. The other 10% was spent practicing the entrance at the beginning of graduation, or watching the A's of my graduating class rehearse the getting their diploma process. So although I would rather have been at home sleeping, quite frankly I suppose it was as good of a rehearsal as I could have hoped for.

Graduation itself wasn't too bad. Maybe I brought a Nintendo DS maybe I didn't (but for the record I am positive that at least 30 other people had a portable gaming device too) So I spent a good chunk of time playing Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars. The other chunk I listened to the speeches. Maybe they were cheesy or monotone but I didn't mind.

So while the whole experience wasn't my favorite, I didn't actually mind it. The only part that I was completely unprepared for and was totally miserable for was the part where I had to navigate my way out of the events center. There are about 7 Zillion people trying to make their way out of four doors. Imagine trying to find your family, gown return, friends, and an exit all the while suffocating.

So that was graduation. A right of passage that I have passed thank heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment